Friday, May 1, 2009

Symmetry

A few months ago I noticed that when Jotham builds something with his DUPLO blocks he often makes them perfectly symmetrical.

Symmetry is in one place defined as beauty as a result of balance.

I think I need to take lesson from my boy and gain some symmetry. Balance between what is wanted (a clean house) and what is needed (time spent enjoying each other). Balance between giving direction to my children and trying to control the outcome of every situation. Balance between faith and works.

I am definitely learning, hopefully growing and I know that when the blocks fall (which they always do) the Lord is the one who needs to pick them up and put them back together again.



* Picture- Jotham with his dragon, he even makes sure the shading of color is correct. In this picture the dark green and the light green feet are symmetrical front to back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yes, good reminder...i can say the same--there is always so much joy in enjoying our kids...I am sad I don't do it more and it is such a "mom thing" to achieve this symmetry. love you friend!