Thursday, May 21, 2009

Released

Yesterday late morning Karis was released from the hospital. I suppose discharged is a correct word. They had wanted to keep her until the evening but the doctor thought she was doing well (no fever for 36 hours and feeling better) so after another IV antibiotic, they set us free! We are very excited that Karis is getting better and that we were able to leave.

After getting discharged we left the hospital, Erik dropped me off at home (where I hadn't been in 4 days), I packed every one's stuff, he picked up her new prescription, we picked up Jotham & Cia from Jonalee's house and then we drove to the Jersey Shore to spend some time with Erik's mom. It was a little crazy getting everything together and now that we are here I am realizing how much I actually forgot but the beach is a very refreshing place for us and we are grateful to be here.

Thank you for your prayers for our girlie. Thank you also to Seth & Michelle for skipping church so we could take her to ER, to Kriscinda for watching Jedi the first day, to Kevin & Jami for watching all of them that night, to Jonalee for watching them yesterday, to Valori for brightening my day, to Dave for bringing Aubreigh late at night, to Helen for bringing Emma to come and visit us, to Heather & your girlies for coming! I am so grateful for all the friends we have here in MD, you have been such an expression of God's love to us- THANK YOU!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad you're out of the hospital! And at the beach!! Hope you have a wonderful time with Sam.
All my love to all of you,
Cynthia