Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Our Time Away

Our time away was so nice. It was wonderful to be able to spend time with Erik's Mom & Dad at the beach. The weather was lovely (a bit cold on the beach but wonderful for walking and riding bikes). Jotham & Erik's Dad share a birthday (May 25th) so we had a little celebration for them. Instead of cake we ate this yummy fruit basket and they pretended to blow out candles.

We also went to see my family at the beach, Jotham loved playing with his cousin Jude. It was great to see the way they enjoy each other. They slept in the same room and it was fun listening to them talk each other to sleep and wake each other up really early in the morning.

It was really chilly on the beach in Belmar so we had to bundle Jedi up in towel. He looked so cute I had to take some pictures. He is such a good baby and tolerated the beach very well.
Yesterday, on Jotham's actual birthday, we came home and Erik's family came over for a real cake. We are cherishing all the time we have with Grammer these days. She is feeling well and starts radiation this week- please keep her in your prayers.

3 comments:

Traci Brubaker said...

Hi Erik, Jerusha and family!

My name is Traci Brubaker, and I am a dear friend of Grammer Sam! I read your blogs each day, and what a blessing they are to me! I am praying for you often. I am so happy to hear of your time together at the beach! I prayed you would have this good weekend!
Thank you, Lord, your precious Karis is feeling better. Your children are beautiful! I am encouraged by your faith and trust in the Lord. God bless you.

Unknown said...

So good to see the pictures and hear the update. Thanks, Jerusha!
I am praying for your whole family......praying for Sam and Erik's dad.
Set your heart to fully enjoy the grace of each new day.

Much love,
Cynthia

Gina said...

So glad you are enjoying some restful and happy times. You continue to be in my prayers. Can't wait to meet Jedi. Never got back to you about this Wednesday due to Karis being in the hospital and all. Let me know what you are thinking.