Thursday, July 26, 2007

Quote of the Day

I recently read The Shaping of a Christian Family by Elisabeth Elliot. In a chapter on Work & Play I appreciated this quote:

"Ordinary work, which is what most of us do most of the time, is ordained by God every bit as much as is the extraordinary. All work done for God is spiritual work and therefore not merely a duty but a holy privilege."

I don't know about you but there is not much "extraordinary" in my day: diapers, dishes, running noses, etc. It is a good reminder for me that the work God has called me is a privilege.

3 comments:

Mama-cita Whitney said...

wow! it is a PRIVILEGE to do the work God has set b4 me. i needed that to help adjust my attitude towards disciplining my kids this morning.

thanks!

Jenn said...

Thanks Jerusha for this reminder. Thanks for a gospel lens!

Kelly C said...

this is great, Jerusha. awesome reminder - thanks! brings joy in fulfillling our call as moms.