Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Our Beach Adventure- Highlights

It has been a few days since I posted on our beach adventure. Thanks for all of you who prayed for our time. Jenn, the kids & I had a great time. Jenn has posted on here and she has included a few pictures. Before going Erik & I talked about and prayed for a few goals for my time: to enjoy fellowship with Jenn, to be tender and grow in affection with my kids, and to be prayerful. All things considered I would say that God answered our prayers. As I share my highlights (in no particular order) I think you'll see how.

Highlight 1: 6 car seats in the car! This was a such a blessing as it allowed Jenn & I to talk all the way up to the beach and all the way home. I love talking with my dear friend and this time was no exception. Thanks Jenn for doing life with me.
Highlight 2: Sleeping the same bed with Karis. Karis, Mercia & I shared a bedroom and Karis and I shared the same bed. I would tug Cia into bed and then about 1 hour later Karis would go to bed. She did a great job not waking her sister up. Mercia on the other hand did not return the favor. She woke us both us 2 nights in a row and was eventually banished in the middle of night to sleep in the bathroom (I packed up her pack n play and carried her downstairs at 4 am). But really Karis was so sweet through it all, very patient and loving toward her sister (unlike her Mommy). I loved holding hands with her as we slept and feeling her hand on my face checking to make sure I was still there.

Highlight 3: Time with Jotham. My boy does not like having his picture taken. After taking a few shots of him one day on the beach as he was playing with a car I could tell he was sort of lonely for a friend (all the other kids were ocean bound). So I said, "Do you want Mommy to put the camera away?" He said, "Yes, Mommy." When I did, he said, "Thank you Mommy, play cars with me?" And we had a nice time playing cars in the sand. It is sweet to just spend time with him.

Highlight 4: Mercia's time with Grandma Susan. Girlie had some rough nights sleeping but her days were filled with lots of time with Grandma Susan. She was content as long as my Mom was hanging out with her. She even rolled over a few time for her.

Thanks again for those of you who prayed- very grateful! And thank you Mom & Dad for a wonderful time. I always love being with you.

1 comment:

Mama-cita Whitney said...

i really enjoyed reading your highlights and seeing the pics of the kids, jerusha. you certainly did have some tender moments with your kids!