Thursday, December 11, 2008

8 Years

My God given desire is to be united in a covenant before God with you, Erik, not just in the flesh, but utmost in the Spirit, for the purpose of glorifying God. I realize and accept the amazing truth, that only by the grace and power of God will I be able to die to myself with a Christlike attitude, place you above myself, and keep God at the cornerstone of our marriage. By this grace, I, Jerusha, promise to be your faithful wife, to love and serve you as Christ commands, as long as I shall live. Therefore, I commit my entire life, all my love for you, and our marriage passionately to God, humbly asking Him, in the name, which is above every name, to preserve it and use it for His glory.

Thank you, Love, for 8 wonderful years of marriage. Thank you for keeping God at the cornerstone of our marriage.

All God, All Grace, All For His Glory

2 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary, friends! Josh and I are different people because we know you and have been impacted by your God-glorifying marriage. You guys set a very high bar and we know it's because you seek to reflect the love of Christ and the Church. Thank you.

Cara said...

Amen to Katie's comment. We're so grateful to have you as friends and neighbors... and as role models. And what a lovely excerpt from your wedding ceremony! Wish I had known you guys then and been there... :)