Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Birthday

Mercia, when I think about how you entered the world I am so thankful for God's grace in your life. You were upside down and stuck and it took the miracle of modern medicine (a c-section) to get you out. It caused me some serious pain but it pain that was worth it and pain I would go through again. These days you also cause me some serious pain, not the physical kind but the spiritual, emotional kind. But girly, as I sit and reflect I know it is pain that is worth it. It is pain I would go through again. It is not always easy caring for you (you are a willful, opinionated, active one), but you are also one of the MOST precious gifts ever given to me. I love you so much, even when you break Karis' glasses (for the third time in 3 weeks) and I'm SO angry. I suppose that's the miracle of God's grace, I love you more than my anger and I'm excited to spend each day with you and enjoy these moments that go by so fast. May God's kindness and grace continue to abound in your life. Happy Birthday little love!

2 comments:

amy said...

jerusha, i loved your honest, but tender post. thanks for keepin' it real. =)

Kelly C said...

happy birthday, sweet girl! what a gift from the Lord she is!