Friday, May 25, 2007

A Son

Two years ago around now I was just getting home from going to the mall with my CG ladies. We had just gotten our picture taken with all our kids- it was crazy (8 ladies and 10 kids most under 3). I was sure I was going to go into labor on a 5 (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, etc) so as the afternoon progressed and there were no contractions I was struggling for faith to still be pregnant because I was convinced I'd have to wait another 5 days (I was already 9 days late).

I put some music on and began praying. The song, I Need Thee by Jars of Clay was on and little did I know that God would answer my prayers and bring our boy that day but also use that little boy to remind me again and again how much I need the Lord.

Is is hard to believe that Jotham is 2 already. I'll agree with the saying, "The days are long but the years are quick." We are so grateful that God brought Jotham into our lives.

Since it is his birthday I think I can talk about him a little bit. He brings us such joy everyday. I love his white blond hair and his eyes that light up when he smiles. I love his little deep voice and the cute things he says. I love his obsession with all things sport related. Though I so often become focused on where he needs to grow in obeying, Erik is faithful to point out the grace on his life. He is very joyful. He loves his Mommy and Daddy and Sisters. He responds very well to most instructions (given that he is two).

Our prayer is that God will continue to draw Jotham to himself and raise him up to be a God-fearing servant leader. His name means, "The Lord is Perfect." We pray that Jotham always believes this is true.


This picture was taken a few months ago but it so cute I wanted to include it.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Happy Birthday Jotham! You are a joy! We love you,
the lowe fam

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Jotham! So glad God gave you to your Mommy and Daddy. May you know your family and friend's love today but even more may you become aware of the Savior's love for you as you grow.

Love, The Rogers