Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Jotham's View of Life

I love the way our son sees things, he has a great imagination. Recently he has taken to drawing. He said, I don't want to just scribble anymore and he started actually making things. For awhile it was mostly fire and rockets but today he came down and presented me with this drawing of me.

This is his description: "This is you. These are your rosy checks (the red circles NOT on my face). This is your joyful happy face. This is the baby in your tummy. This (the lines and drawing on the outside) is the fire and dragons and scary stuff."

And yes, it is accurate that there is a baby in my tummy (due early July).

10 comments:

Katie said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I was just thinking, "wonder when those Sheffers will be having another little cutie?" So glad that the Lord is blessing you with another baby to love and train for His glory. I'll be praying for strength for each of you.

Awesome drawing, dude.

tessa said...

woot woot for baby #5! if you stay with the pattern I guess you're in for another sweet little girl ;)

Life with Gemelos said...

Yea! Congrats Jerusha..so happy for you guys!

sarah said...

Congrats! Wow, you guys seriously know how to pop them out one after the other. :) I know that was the goal and I'd say you're doing a pretty good job!
Praying for much strength, grace and patience for you during these days!
~Sarah H.

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! and I love Jotham's portrait...and I remember that you avoided skirts and dresses at all costs...it's nice for me to know YOU are your own person and haven't changed;)

Unknown said...

Jot is so cute and funny. He just makes me smile! It was so good to see all of you at Thanksgiving! And congrats again on the baby in your belly :)

Brandy said...

We are so happy for you guys!!!

amy said...

jerusha, this was so hilarious and sweet. jotham is such a dear! will be praying for your pregnancy as you get ready to steward another little one!

Cara said...

Love it that he drew you with a "joyful, happy face". That's high praise from a pre-schooler, and I hope, by God's grace, to be worthy of the same!

Jonalee said...

love it!