Friday, January 2, 2009

Update

We were hoping to hear the results from Erik's bronchoscopy today but unfortunately the holiday mid-week held them up. Hopefully, we'll be able to hear something on Monday. We'd continued prayer that the result would be conclusive and further surgery won't be necessary.

I did have an OB visit today and Jedidiah, our little man, is still breech. After discussing the various options with our doctor and praying we have decided to try an external version (turning the baby). If this is successful then they will immediately start inducing labor (because babies often turn right back to breech). If turning him is not successful (50% chance- either way) then they will do a c-section. Our hope to avoid having another c-section, since my first experience with one was not very pleasant and since having two means that future children will have to be born via c-section. All of this is scheduled for Tuesday. We'd love your prayers that the little guy would turn on his own and none of this will be necessary. I'd also love your prayers for my heart to rejoice in whatever method God uses to bless us with our little one. It is tempting for me to think about all the procedures that have to be done to me and especially tempting knowing that more c-sections might be in my future.

We know his grace is sustaining us and guiding us. A wise and dear friend emailed me these words of encouragement:

It has always been of curious interest to me how the Lord often allows our great battles to take place when we are weak. How often I have wished that He would withhold some fight for when I feel stronger. Yet, I can look back and see His grace standing out so clearly----because I am SURE that it was not my strength of soul that brought me through. He seems to have you in such a place. And I will pray for your encouragement and for your faith---as you have much to trust Him for. And yet it is always right to trust Him.

6 comments:

Cara said...

You are in our prayers.

ploon said...

Praying for you!

Jonalee said...

We'll be praying! One way or another, baby Jedi will make it here just fine.

Kelly C said...

we will be praying!

amy said...

you are in our hearts and prayers, jerusha!

"But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen,the offspring of Abraham, my friend; you whom I took from the ends of the earth,and called from its farthest corners,saying to you, 'You are my servant,I have chosen you and not cast you off'; fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand... For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, 'Fear not, I am the one who helps you.'" (isa 41:8-10, 13)

Will and Sena said...

Jerusha, I have been praying for you and baby Jed and will continue to do so. I can't wait to meet him!
Love, Sena