Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkin Picking

A few weeks back we went pumpkin picking as a family. This year we tried a new farm, Gaver's in Mt.Airy. My neighbor had recommended it and we were not disappointed. We only did the pumpkin picking part but for $5 you can go into their fall festival which has animals, corn mazes (both little and small), big slides, and lots of other fun things. Next year we'll probably plan on going to the fall festival we just didn't have time the day we went. A few photos from our family time.

In the pumpkin barn, which you go through on your way in and out, they have a big sand box filled with hard Indian corn (instead of sand). I couldn't get over how much my kids loved playing in this. I think they would have stayed in it for hours.


A little pumpkin patch photo shoot.





Later that night we carved pumpkins, ate pumpkin pie and drank pumpkin nog (which was yummy).

2 comments:

Jonalee said...

I love that Karis is wearing her hat. Ellie wears her bonnet all the time too.

C. said...

How come little girls are so cute that way?! With their little bonnets and bows. I love it!