Monday, October 13, 2008

Apple Picking

Last week the kids & I went to Rock Hill Orchard and picked apples. They picked a few of each variety and I bought 22 lbs of seconds for apple sauce and baking. We all had a great time but I think Mercia enjoyed herself the most- since I didn't strap her into her stroller and she was free to roam. Some pictures from our time:


My friend Sarah is a great baker. She makes something like 18 different types of cookies each Christmas and I'm talking about the fancy complex kind that make my eye glaze over. Anyway, this is her Apple Crisp Recipe that I love:

Apple Crisp
4 Cups Apples
2/3 to 3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 cup Oats
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/3 Cup Butter

1. Preheat Oven to 375°
2. Grease bottom of 9X9 pan
3. Peel & Thinly slice apples, place in bottom of pan
4. Mix remaining ingredients together till crumbly.
5. Place on top of apples
6. Bake 30 minutes


1 comment:

amy said...

thanks for the recipe, jerusha! it was just what i was looking for!