Thursday, May 8, 2008

Girlie Time

Last weekend Erik went away with some friends for a "Game Retreat." I know it was a blessing for him as he LOVES to play games and since I'm not exactly the Home Run Derby, Obstacle Course, Risk playing type of wife I am glad he was able to go. While he was away, I thought it would a good opportunity to visit my family in NJ, which is where I am from.

When I made plans to visit my sister in law, Linda, suggested we take Karis & Hannah, my niece, to the American Girl Place in NYC. A few years ago Linda (& Josh, my brother) got Karis, Kirsten, the 1854 Prairie American Girl and Karis just loves her. She plays with her all time so I knew she would LOVE to visit the American Girl Place. And love it she did! I said to Linda at one point, "We don't get out much." Karis was nearly screaming in excitement over the Bitty Babies and all the dolls dressed up in different outfits. We had lunch in the cafe, where they have a special seat for your doll and they give her a cup and a plate. We went through every level of the store several times and the dolls even got their hair done at the doll hair salon. All of this was compliments of my incredibly generous parents. The only really bad part of the day was that my Mom was supposed to come but wound up being too sick that day. Mom, I wish you could have been there; it would have made it all the more special.

Karis & Kirsten

Linda & Hannah
Linda- I love being able to spend time with you. Thanks for thinking of this and making it such a special time for Karis. She loves spending time with you and Hannah.

On a humorous note, Mercia decided that she wanted to have her own "Game Night." On the morning of our outing, I found her crib covered in Monopoly money. There was a box of Monopoly near her bed and she pulled in all the money and probably slept on it that night.

Thank you Granddad for babysitting Jotham and Cia that day. It was a special time with Karis that I won't forget.

1 comment:

Susanna said...

Hey Jerusha,
I've been reading your blog, and I am so blessed by it! I love Kari's reaction to the Bitty Babies and all of the outfits. She and Naomi must be kindred spirits. Naomi loves her Bitty Baby and can spend all day changing outfits!