Monday, May 26, 2008

Jotham James

Jotham is blessed to share a birthday with Erik's Dad (James). Yesterday we celebrated their birthdays with a family picnic. Erik wrote the following poem to honor them:

JOTHAM JAMES

From Jotham to James 60 years span
Clear similarities and differences in each man

Though one is still a sapling while another a tree
Both lives are fruitful

Though one laughs at the other
Both love humor

Though one likes running while the other likes walking
Both enjoy the outside

Though the cost differs greatly
Both cherish their toy cars

Though one shares a cookie while another shares the “dough”
Both are generous

Though one cries tears instantly and one holds them back
Both are very sensitive

Though one life rises and one is setting
Both are beautiful

Though one is my Son and the other my Father
Both are loved very much

60 years separate you and P-paw
With me in the middle
There is no greater place for me to be
With my Son & My Dad
Happy Birthday

1 comment:

amy said...

erik is quite the poet! it was very touching, but i loved the pic of his dad with jotham. so dear!