Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Allergies


My poor Dad has suffered with allergies his whole life. All of our kids have terrible dry skin most likely due to some sort of allergy. Well yesterday little Mercia has an allergic reaction to formula. I was out in the morning and I left a bottle of formula just in case I wasn't back in time for her next feeding. She drank about 1 oz and then I came home and took over but while she was nursing I noticed her face getting all red. She wound up with hives all over her face. I called the doctor and he said to make sure she was breathing okay and that if she was going to have trouble breathing it would start in the next 20 to 30 minutes. It was a stressful next 30 minutes. I'm so glad Erik was home. He prayed for her and that gave me peace. She is fine, no breathing problems and by night her hives were all gone. But she won't be having formula again. Our wise doctor, "Don't give her anymore."

Here is a picture of her from the other day (pre hives experience).

No comments: