Saturday, July 18, 2009

Remove your shoes...

About 3 weeks ago I put my older three kids in the car, buckled everyone in and then went inside to get Jedi. When we arrived at church and I can only find one of Jotham's shoes. After looking all over the car I ask him, "Did you throw your shoe out of the car?" And he looks at me and says, "Are you going to be mad?" I said, "Yes." And he said, "Yes, I did."

Because of my is husband serving at church on Sunday we go by ourselves, I very glad to release him, though this was one moment when I wished I could have had him there. I made the decision that Jotham would just have to go barefoot- it was good the pavement wasn't too hot. So in I walked with my children sort of hoping no would notice. Of course the first people we saw noticed and said, "Jotham, where are your shoes?" And then everyone we saw who didn't notice was told by Karis, "Jotham, doesn't have any shoes on?"

So yes, that is me, the pastor's wife who brings her kids to church without any shoes. Maybe I should have told people that we were learning about Moses at home.

6 comments:

Cara said...

Great post. Loved your last line.

Unknown said...

this is excellent. : )

amy said...

thanks for sharing that great story!

Mama-cita Whitney said...

ditto what cara said for me!

Unknown said...

Very funny, Jerusha! Bill and I laughed at this one!! I love Jotham! I wonder why he threw it out the window.......:-) I can see one of my boys doing the very same thing.

Still laughing,
Cynthia

Unknown said...

One Sunday jared was getting JJ ready and as we drove to church realized he had no shoes so we turned around and instead of for the first time in...a while...being on time, we were late again...I share this because there were 2 of us with one child and no throwing and that was still us...then there was the morning when jj had a fat lip from falling on the pavement...EVERYONE was like "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!" Oh my, at church they don't miss a thing, especially when your hubby's the pastor...just show off your greek knowledge when in doubt!!