Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Schedule

I recently read the book Manager’s of Their Homes by Teri Maxwell. It has been very helpful to me in thinking about how I run each day. For the last few weeks I have been working on coming up with a more set daily schedule. The reason I am doing this is because I have been convicted that I am not really doing all that God has called me to do. This is not some mere desire to “do it all.” It really isn’t. I have already learned I cannot do it all and so I rarely even try! What I have realized is I am not making the priorities that God has for me my actual priorities. I have been living my life and running my days (& thereby my kids days) to serve myself. I will rush through things so that I can get to whatever it is I want to do (email, nap, etc). I will push off time playing with the kids doing other things (chores, email, etc.) saying to myself that I “need” to get these things done. The other day I had this very convicting thought: I have been called by God to do certain role (being Erik’s wife and our children’s mom) and I am not doing it nearly as well as I would if I had been hired by someone to do something not even half as important. So as I attempt to schedule more I am hopeful that it will bring some accountability into my life for my role. I desire to do things like chores well but more importantly I desire to build relationally with my children. I want to be “all in” the moments I have with them not thinking “I wish I could post or read a blog now” or “I need to fold the laundry.” God please give me grace to be faithful to what you have called me to.

No comments: