Friday, September 14, 2007

Hard Work

Dear Little Mercia has just started some finger foods. I went to the store to get some Biter Biscuits for her and discovered that most of these types of food have milk in them. I did find some Apple Wagon Wheels, which she is enjoying in this picture. I like the details of how hard her hands are working to hold onto and eat this little treat- it was hard for her. So hard that she wasn't even able to finish it, it got too small and slippery and she couldn't hold onto it. But someday she'll be able to pick it up with two fingers and stick the whole thing her mouth, chew it, swallow and move on.

Isn't this the stuff of life? God hands us something in our life circumstance. We aren't sure what it is and we tremble with fear and excitement. We grab hold of it and work on it. Sometimes it is such hard work that we want to just give up, not bother. Sometimes even when we work hard we can't get to the end of it. We need to try again the next day.

But the circumstances that God gives us are like this wagon wheel-just the beginning of something. A training ground. If I gave Mercia a real apple she would choke. She doesn't even know yet what is yet to come, all the delicious fruit, and tasty desserts that can be made from them.

Neither do I. I know that life with 3 kids is hard work. I know that everyday I fight hard and something always seem to slip away. Oh Lord, what is yet to come!


Philippians 1:6
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

Philippians 3:13-14
But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: