Thursday, September 9, 2010

School Days

We have started school again here at home. This year Karis is in first grade, Jotham is in kindergarten, Mercia is in distraction, Jedi is in the pack n play, and Lord willing Titus is sleeping.

We started unofficially a few weeks ago, just to sort of break me into the idea again. Yesterday was our first official day and the following is the text I sent Erik "I think we should send them to school because there is no way I can do it." That was at 10 am and we hadn't done a bit of school work yet- on our first day! But God gave grace and the day got better and today actually went well. I am desperately aware of how much I need the Lord to sustain me for each moment of the day and the amazing thing is he sustains me. As he says in his word, ""My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

These are sweet words to my soul!




4 comments:

amy said...

jerusha, i am always amazed at all you have going on and all that you're able to accomplish. =) will be praying that you would remember God's help that is available for you!

sarah said...

This gave me a good laugh because I am right there with you and in almost an identical season of life and feeling exactly how you described! Thanks for the reminder that God will supply the grace we need for each day, even in our weakness ... amen!
~Sarah H.

Jonalee said...

I know just how you feel!!! Glad we're not alone in this journey!

Katie said...

Praying that He will be your strength!