Monday, September 20, 2010

Fear

After our exciting day when the tree fell in our yard, Cia has developed an intense fear of a tree falling on her. This makes it difficult for her to play outside. She is okay if there is not wind and the tree aren't moving AND someone is outside with her BUT if the trees are moving at all she is not going.

So the other day when there was no wind and Erik and were working on a project outside she was walking across the backyard and an acorn fell about 40 feet right on her head- how funny is that!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was after our farm and house were struck by lightning that I became terrified of thunder and lightning storms...for years:( My parents must have stopped letting me run into their bed (or I was too old--def older than Cia) and so I went to the bathroom with no windows turned the lights on (so I couldn't see the light contrast) and stuffed my fingers in my ears. I thought I'd never get over it...and then the LORD did it at some point and now they are beautiful to me. Since Cia is younger, hopefully it doesn't take her so long...I will pray:)

Anonymous said...

Granddad and I loved this story. I can only happen to our Cia!
Grandma Susan