Sunday, March 28, 2010

Keeping Me Humble

Yesterday Karis & I went to a baby shower for a dear friend. They had a time of people sharing either mothering advice or anything they remember about their mother. After I shared something the mom to be asked Karis if she had anything to share. Just to keep me humble, Karis shared, "She sure can get angry quick."

We all had a good laugh. She was embarrassed after but it was good for her to share this to humble me and remind me how much I need the Savior! This mothering thing is a gift from him and it is only in his strength that we can do anything.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Humbling and comforting to me since this is "how I roll" too often mostly with my husband at this point...you are right, in our flesh we have nothing to give them...thanks for the reminder friend:)

Katie said...

I love the honesty of our little ones. Reminds me of Tali's words to me the other day when we were talking about how Jesus can help us when we're tempted. "Yah, Mommy, so you won't scream at me again like you did last Sunday before church when I was in the bathroom and you were upstairs and you yelled." She remembered the time, the place, the tones, all of it. Oh how we mamas need the grace and mercy of God!