Saturday, February 14, 2009

I like...

I must be on a quote thing this week. In celebration of Valentine's Day Karis made Jotham a card. She was quite excited to give to him and wanted to read it to him. Their conversation went something like this:

Karis: Jotham, I made you you a card, do you want me to read it to you?
Jotham: Um, sure (not really paying attention her).
Karis: It says, Jotham and then you open it and there is an arrow here which means you should pay attention (Jotham looks up slightly) and then then it says, "I like you."
Jotham: I like sharks.

At this I started laughing and Karis found humor in it as well.

Karis is also quite taken these past few months with trying to understand who her husband will be. It causes quite a good deal of concern. How will I know who I am going to marry? What if he doesn't believe in Jesus? What if I don't meet him? On and on it goes. Yesterday she had the following conversation with Erik.

Karis: "Daddy, maybe my husband and I will live in the Antarctic where there are double digits." This means a lot of snow.

Erik: I'm not sure you'll marry someone from Antarctic.

Karis: But Daddy, when you were little you lived with your Mommy and Mommy lived with her Mommy and now you both live here.

Basically, she was trying to explain to Erik that you might grow up and meet someone from far away and marry them and live somewhere else. She brought this out more in a later conversation with me when she thought she might live in Hawaii with her husband. My highlight of that conversation was.

Karis: What if my husband wants us stay and live where we go on our honey trip?

Personally I think "honey trip" is a better name and I'll probably call it that from now on.

4 comments:

Helen said...

i love that girl! we have a LOT of work to do to get Dalton ready for her! :)
helen

Anonymous said...

what a cutie!I think it just shows her sweet excitement to be a wife as she watches you and Erik together. I'm guessing its just the beginning of those kind of questions... oh boy :)

Anonymous said...

This made my day! I laughed really hard...I can just picture sweet Jotham saying the shark thing! And Karis is too cute...she is so curiouse and full of wonderment. Who knows, maybe she will live where she and her husband take their honey trip :o)

Gina said...

Love it!