Saturday, November 1, 2008

October 31st Events

Every year our church hosts a Harvest Party on October 31st. It is a nice event for young kids, they get to dress up and there are lots of games all over the church and you win candy as a prize just for playing. A few months ago I heard they might not have so I started thinking of ways the kids could dress up and bless other people, instead of just receiving candy. One idea I had was to go to a nursing home and give out presents to the people there. It turns out there is a Senior Day Center right down the street from us, connected to the county library. So yesterday the kids dressed up in their costumes and we went to visit the people at the Senior Center and give out candy to them. The Dabbs joined us and it was a lot of fun. We all really enjoyed being able to visit with the Seniors and the kids loved chasing down every person they could find to give them candy, stickers and crafts. I had my camera but totally forgot to take pictures while we were there. I did take some at the library though and then later at the Harvest Party (which did actually take place).

I made this dress for Karis a few years ago and though it was pretty big on her Mercia dressed up as a prairie girl. Her hair was in braids for about 10 minutes, when she discovered it.



This year I made a Williamsburg Colonial Girl Dress for Karis. Jotham was a fireman. That morning he wanted to be a bear but since I didn't have any fur on hand I couldn't make a new costume for him.


The Harvest Party is great for Jotham, lots of throwing.

I just loved Mercia in her bonnet.

1 comment:

Jonalee said...

What?! You didn't have any fur on hand? What kind of seamstress are you? =)