Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Can I just say THANK YOU

Erik & I just spent the past two days on a personal planning retreat. It was a wonderful time for us evaluating areas in our lives and planning for the future. We are so grateful to God for providing this time. BUT this time would not have been possible if the most wonderful mother-in-law in the world had not sacrificed her time and energy to come down and watch our kids.

Grammer, as she is fondly called, came down and babysat for us from Saturday into Sunday for some meetings and a wedding, went home to PA on Sunday evening and then turned around and came back on Monday night and just left a little bit ago (Wednesday evening). Now, in addition to taking fantastic care of the 3 very tiresome children who adore her, she also cleaned our house. We came home to a spotless (vacuumed) living room, scrubbed clean kitchen floor, kitchen cabinets cleaned inside & out, and through I haven't been upstairs yet I won't be surprised to find laundry washed & folded (since she does this pretty much every time she comes).

So Grammer, since you are one of the faithful readers of this blog, THANK YOU. I do not show my appreciation for you enough. We could not accomplish the things that God calls us to without your love, prayers, support & sacrificial service! We are grateful to God for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jerusha Happy belated birthday!!! When I am not in school I rarely am on the computer. Just caught up with your page. I enjoy reading it and seeing the pictures.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to your dear mother-in-law. She truly loves your children.....and is such an example of what a the 'grand' in "grand-mother" is for. I can imagine why her grand-children adore her.