Sunday, May 9, 2010

Babies

There is a new documentary out called Babies. It follows 4 different babies from 4 different parts of the world from birth to age 1. I was really looking forward to seeing it. Tonight Erik planned to take me. Well..... viewer beware! Even though the movie is rated PG it contains pretty extensive non-sexual nudity. Mostly of the breastfeeding nature but this is not like the, "Oh that woman over there is feeding her child and I sort of can see something if I look down." kind of nudity. It is more the here is closeup of a breast (the entire thing) from every possible angle and here is another closeup of a breast from another angle.

Anyway, I leave you to your own convictions on this matter but just wanted to warn you in case you were as unaware of us. And though I don't really know what happens after about 15 minutes into the movie, I am going to make the assumption that the trend continues because in many cultures women breastfeed their children for a LONG time (as was shown in the sibling nursing scene).

2 comments:

Mama-cita Whitney said...

hmmmm... very glad you shared this info. it's in our netflix cue. the preview clip was so interesting - the siblings fighting! it may be a bit easier watching on DVD, i hope. you know, getting past certain parts that drag on unnecessarily.

hope you're well! i keep watching your baby ticker!

miss you!

Jonalee said...

Wow. thanks for sharing. Reminds me of the videos we had to watch in our breastfeeding class before I had Ellie.