Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Heritage

Once upon a time Erik & I had the privilege to lead a care group of couples in our church. These people were and still some of our dearest friends. When we began leading, the group had 3 children: Mia, Aubreigh, & Jack. I was pregnant with Karis, and Krista was pregnant with Ainsley. As couples joined it seemed like we had a baby boom on our hands. April had Conner, Kia had Joshua, Judi had Si, Jenn had Aiden, Cara had Meg, Janie had Colin, Seanna joined the group (already had Chloe and then had Joseph), Priscila had Gianna. One of my favorite pictures of all time is of these ladies taken on the day Jotham was born. We went to Sears, crowded into a little room with all 9 of our kids and got our picture taken together. It is no wonder labor started for me that afternoon. So as time went on the cycle went around again and again. Jenn had Wil and then Zeke, April had Jacob and then Eli, Kia had Saraina and then Kadin, Judi had Caitlyn, , I had Cia, Jen had Abby, Cara had Matthew, Seanna had twins, Janie had Gavin, Krista had Sadie (not all exactly in that order). In this time period, so much changed in each of our lives; some of us moved to new houses and new states, some went on Church plants, some of us changed care groups, new people added the old group, there were job changes for husbands (including Erik's to become a Pastor), but one thing stayed the same and that was what I want to highlight. These ladies believe Psalm 127:3:

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,the fruit of the womb a reward.

I'm sure I have probably left someone and their children out (please be gracious and forgive me) but from my count that group has now at least 29 children, spread through several states! What a reward!

And Erik & I are now pleased to share that we should be adding #30, sometime around January 15.

7 comments:

Tali Kauflin said...

Congrats you guys! That is so great! The Lord is kind!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! I was just thinking of all the wonderful memories with these ladies and then what a fun surprise at the end! Congrats!!!

Cara said...

I certainly don't wish an "overdue" baby for you, but if you want this one to fall on someone's birthday, mine's the 16th... ;)

Katie said...

We rejoice with you guys at the Lord's kindness and His perfect timing!!!!

Anonymous said...

Blessings to you, Jerusha and Erik! What wonderful news. We love you :)

Ken and Beth

I. Najarro said...

Congrats! What great news! May the Lord keep you well through the pregnancy!

tessa said...

congratulations sheffs! what a gift from the Lord!