Friday, January 4, 2008

Christmas in NJ

On December 24th we go to NJ and celebrate the Savior's birth with my family. It starts off with Sauerkraut Soup at my brother's house, made by my brother. This was some my grandfather used to do and when it got to be too much my brother took it over. I have kept up the tradition by never actually trying the soup. But my husband and Karis both love it. For those us who don't partake of soup my sister in law, Linda, make a feast of ham and mac & cheese and other yummys. And what is amazing she did all this having a 3 week old baby- she is remarkable. I guess my brother can get some props for 1 - making soup 2 - finding a fantastic wife.

That evening everyone spends the night at my parents. We read the Luke account of Jesus' birth and go to bed, waking up to mounds of presents under the tree. Funny story is that this year Erik sorted them all before he went to sleep and woke up to find my Mom had mixed them all up again and even hid his presents all over the house. The day ends with a huge feast my Mom cooks for 20+ people. It was delicious as usual.

What a joy it is for us to have two families to spend the holiday's with. We come home with amazed at what a kind, loving and generous God we have. Not only has he richly provided for all our needs, he blesses with silly things we want BUT even more gave his own Son for us that we might know life in him. What a Savior we celebrate.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: